A big, happy thank you to the poet at Life, As It Happens for nominating Crowded Earth Kitchen for the One Lovely Blog award. 🙂 One Lovely Blog is a bit like the Liebster Award in that it’s a bit of lighthearted fun designed to help build community among bloggers. This, in turn, puts readers in contact with other blogs they might love. I can get on board with that!
Rules for winning this award are very simple, here they are:-
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award pic.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts About Me
1. I can eat just about anything… except for poached eggs.
2. I declared a math major as an undergrad because a high school math teacher told me “if you do not understand this, you cannot learn!” Finished that math degree in three years. Booyah.
3. I may be the most terrible tennis player the world has ever seen. Seriously. I’m not even sure what I do while wielding a tennis racket can be considered playing tennis, but I still enjoy pretending.
4. My kindergarten teacher “had me tested” because I couldn’t skip or use a scissors. See #3. Perhaps there’s a pattern here? It turns out I’m just clumsy.
5. I tend to get carried away with hobbies. One year, I made almost 1,000 candles shaped like little apple muffins. Another year, I went a wee bit overboard planting tomatoes. It turned out that 60 tomato plants yielded, er, a few more tomatoes than I realized.
6. I am left handed.
7. A good book, a hammock, and a glass of wine are my idea of a trifecta for the perfect autumn afternoon! That, or canning 200 quarts of applesauce. See #5.
Here is my list of blogs that you should definitely check out, because they are very cool (no particular order here):
- Rantings of an Amateur Chef
- She Reads She Blogs
- Serendipitous Cookery
- Love and Lemons
- Dear Author
- A Traveler’s Library
- Fictional Food
- Thug Kitchen
- 101 Cookbooks
- Wellness Mama
- Best Fiction Books
- Girl vs Globe
- The Culture Cut
Enjoy checking out a few new-to-you blogs!