Shrimp Alfredo is a really simple dish that tastes like you cooked all day. Rich alfredo sauce packs a caloric punch, but served over zucchini noodles it is low-carb and keto friendly. If you prefer an old school helping of pasta under your shrimp alfredo, well, that’s great too. We’re all friends here at Crowded Earth Kitchen.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 pound small fresh shrimp (41/50 per pound), peeled and tails removed
2/3 cup salted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2/3 cup half and half
2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound cooked pasta OR 4 small zucchini, spiralized
1) Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Add minced garlic and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until shrimp are no longer pink.
2) Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside. DO NOT DRAIN THE SKILLET. There will be some liquid in the skillet, and that’s OK!
3) Add remaining butter and the half and half to the skillet. Once the butter is melted, add parmesan cheese. Whisk lightly but constantly over low-medium heat until the parmesan is fully melted and the sauce thickens. Please note: right before the sauce is done, it’s normal for the parmesan to look sort of clumpy and weird. You haven’t done anything wrong – just keep whisking.
4) Once the alfredo sauce is smooth, add the shrimp back to the skillet. Heat everything for 30 seconds or so, just to warm up the shrimp.
5) Serve shrimp alfredo over pasta or zucchini spirals. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Life is short. Eat good food!